This was an instant hit with our family and super easy to make.
Stacy's Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Put the chicken in a large crock pot and cook on high.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the bacon and cut up into small pieces.
- When cooked through, remove the chicken and cut into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Return the chicken to the crock pot.
- Add bacon and vegetables to the crock pot with the chicken. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in broth, wild rice, and spices. Cover the crock pot and cook until the veggies are tender and the rice is cooked.
- Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and slowly mix in the heavy until smooth. Mix into the soup and continue cooking until the soup comes back to a boil.