This recipe is made with simple ingredients instead of store-bought ketchup and mustard.
Cuisine Gluten-Free Category Beef Dinner Gluten-Free Lunches Main Dishes Posts Simple Fare Supper
Need to be a bit more frugal? Use 1/2 the ground beef and then add 1/2 cup of dried rice and 1 cup of water with the tomato paste and spices. Simmer until the rice is tender.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet.
- Add onion and green pepper and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve on buns or over French fries or tater tots.