- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Grease a muffin tin, popover pan or one dozen oven proof custard cups.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil.
- Mix rice flour and cornstarch together in a separate bowl.
- After the water comes to a boil, remove from heat and add the flour mixture. Stir well. The dough will be thick.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Spoon batter into the muffin pan. Bake 15 minutes at 450 F. Lower heat to 350 F and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Replace all or part of the rice flour with wild rice flour.
- Replace butter with your favorite oil and increase salt to 1 teaspoon.
- Bake in flat circles and use for sandwiches. Perfect for ham and turkey after the holidays.