- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups gluten free bread crumbs (pizza crust, cornbread, cereal etc.)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together, except barbecue sauce.
- Spread in a 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour or until done.
- Carefully drain grease.
- Spread barbecue sauce over the top and return to oven for 10 more minutes.
This makes a really good cold sandwich when served on a gluten-free bun or popover.
Use our Gluten-Free Pizza Crust recipe to make bread crumbs.
Use our Sweet and Zesty Barbecue Sauce recipe as the finishing touch.