This is a long-time family favorite straight from Grandma Fuller’s recipe box!
Grandma's Rhubarb Dessert
- 3 1/2 cups Rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix rhubarb, granulated sugar and 4 Tablespoons of flour in a bowl. Set aside
- Mix brown sugar, shortening, oatmeal, 2 cups of flour, and baking soda together. The mixture should be crumbly.
- Place 1/2 of the oatmeal mixture in an ungreased 13" x 9" baking pan. Pat to form a crust on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the rhubarb mixture evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining oatmeal mixture evenly over the top of the rhubarb.
- Bake in a preheated oven 45 to 60 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.