Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies
Category Cookies Desserts Gluten-Free Simple Fare Snacks Vegetarian
Gluten-free Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup jam or jelly OR 24 maraschino cherry halves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in egg whites, vanilla, and salt until well blended.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Roll in 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in nuts until well covered.
- Arrange balls on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Press each ball in the center to form a well in the center.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until the cookies are firm and just starting to brown on the bottom.
- While still warm, fill the well in each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon of jelly OR a maraschino cherry half.