Also known as Mexican Wedding cakes, Snowballs, and , in the Fuller household, Snowman Poop (As a mother of four boys, it was only natural that this last name would come about. What is it with boys obsessions with bodily functions?)
Gluten-Free Russian Teacakes
Gluten-Free Russian Teacake Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 - 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in egg whites, vanilla, salt, and nuts until well blended.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Roll in 1-inch balls.
- Arrange balls on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until the cookies are firm and just starting to brown on the bottom.
- While still warm, roll the balls in powdered sugar to coat. After they cool, roll the cookies in powdered sugar one more time.