Gluten-Free Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter. The mixture should look like course crumbs.
- Add egg yolks and milk. Stir until well blended.
- Beat the egg whites until smooth and then stir into the biscuit dough. Do not over mix. The egg whites should be incorporated into the dough, but still look a bit marbled. This will give the final biscuit a flakier texture.
- Drop biscuits by spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.