- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 quarts beef broth
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced or crushed tomatoes (or 1 6oz can tomato paste and 4 cans water)
- 1/3 cup split peas
- 1/3 lentils
- 2/3 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1/2 cup gluten-free pasta
- Brown ground beef; drain excess grease.
- Add remaining ingredients, except noodles; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, or until peas and lentils are tender.
- Add gluten-free pasta and simmer an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until noodles are tender.