This makes a great add-in to a burrito or burrito bowl!
Cilantro and Lime Rice
1 hour, 45 minutes
1 hour, 50 minutes
This recipe makes a great add-in to a burrito or burrito bowl.
- 2 cups dry rice (brown or white)
- 3 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Put rice in a sieve and rinse thoroughly.
- Transfer rice to a medium size cooking pot. Add water, bay leaves, and salt. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and let rice simmer for 45 minutes. Do not lift the lid.
- Turn off the heat and let rice sit an additional 45 minutes. Do not lift the lid.
- Remove the bay leaves and fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the cilantro, lemon juice, and lime juice.