Chicken with Lemon and Onion Gravy
- 3 pounds chicken pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- hot cooked rice
- In a large pan, brown chicken in oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Remove chicken from the pan and saute onions in the remaining juices.
- Add chicken broth to the onions and return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken and place on a platter. Garnish with hot cooked rice and set aside.
- Add the cream to the broth and bring to a boil.
- Blend lemon juice and cornstarch. Stir into the broth and continue cooking until the gravy thickens.
- Serve gravy over chicken and rice.