Cuisine Gluten-Free, Mexican-American Category Chicken Dinner Gluten-Free Lunches Main Dishes Simple Fare Supper
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups Enchilada Sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- 6 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Cut or tear tortillas into strips.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of enchilada sauce.
- Layer half of the tortilla strips in the bottom of the pan. Continue with a layer of half of each of the remaining ingredients. Repeat, ending with sauce and cheese.
- Bake, loosely covered until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and sour cream.
- Tip: Cover and freeze uncooked enchiladas for a quick meal.
Try our homemade Enchilada Sauce with this recipe!