Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 large roasting or stewing chicken, cut up
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 quarts plus 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch to thicken gravy
- Gluten-Free Dumplings
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a large pot.
- Add the celery, carrots, corn, salt, and pepper. Pour the 2 quarts of water over all.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Carefully remove the chicken and remove the bones.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 cups of cold water and add to the chicken broth. Simmer for two minutes to let the broth thicken before returning the meat to the pot.
- Prepare Gluten-Free Dumplings batter.
- Drop biscuit sized dumplings into the surface of the broth, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked through.
Use our Gluten-Free Dumpling recipe!