Gluten-Free Buttermilk Doughnuts
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk (if using a drop doughnut maker, use 3 cups buttermilk)
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer (2 to 3 inches deep) to 375 F.
- Beat eggs and sugar together.
- Add oil, vanilla and lemon extract and continue beating until smooth. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Stir in egg mixture and buttermilk.
- Either roll dough out and cut into doughnuts or use a doughnut maker or drop batter by teaspoonfuls into grease.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown, turning once (about 3 to 4 minutes). Drain on a paper towel. Serve plain or sugared.
Use our Gluten-Free Flour Mix for this recipe.